Everyone is trying to save money, (or make more money), these days on their electrical installations and repairs. However, you need to be aware of "moonlighting electricians."
Moonlighting electricians try to make more money outside of their normal work schedule. More and more electricians are performing work outside their work schedule. There is nothing inherently wrong with this practice. However, you need to be cautious.
Moonlighting electricians usually fall into one of these categories:
1. They are licensed and work outside of normal business hours and weekends. Sometimes without their employer knowing about it.
2. Unlicensed and/or Recently fired employees from electrical companies.
3. Other contractors working outside their trade, posing as an electrician.
As a homeowner, you need to be aware of the liability and warranty issues that accompany that "good price" for an installation or repair.
- Are you ready to pay for an injured worker who may sue you if they get hurt on your property?
- Are you willing to risk unwarranted work, possibly with stolen or misappropriated material?
- Has your moonlighter passed a drug test?
Bottom line: Don't take the chance, call a licensed and bonded electrician. Franky's electric will save you money because we cut out the middle men like project managers and dispatchers. Give us a call.