What do I mean? Well, a home's electrical system may seem to be O.K. and often it work until little by little it turns into a monster of problems. So, how are you to tell if your home is slowly turning from Dr. Jekyl to Mr. Hyde?
I turned to an article I remembered reading a few months back titled "Look out for warning signs of an electrical problem in your home" And it mentioned the following telltale signs where your home may haunt you:
1. Does your lights flicker or suddenly dim when you heat up food in your microwave oven or use your hair dryer?
2. Have you ever had to reset an electrical breaker and noticed that it seemed warm or hot to the touch?
3. Have you passed by your electrical panel and noticed it suddenly get warm when you got near it?
4. Do you still have two prong outlets without a ground? Three prong outlets help prevent you from getting shocked.
5. You don't have GFCI outlets near the wet areas of your home like the bathroom and kitchen?
6. Have you installed your own ceiling fan and took some shortcuts to splice into the existing wiring and not used proper splicing products?
7. Have you called an unlicensed electrician or your brother-in-law to just stop by fix an electrical problem?
BOO! (Did I scare you?) Well if I didn't, the last seven signs that you may have an electrically haunted house should!
Don't take chances, give me a call. I answer the phone personally!
And, it will be a treat, not a trick.
Until next time