1. Check your Electrical Breakers: Locate your main electrical panel. Open it up and place the BACK OF YOUR HAND against the breakers, including the main breaker which is the biggest breaker usually located at the top of the panel. If any of the breakers are very warm or hot, call me. Over the years, many older breakers are listed on safety recall bulletins. I can help you identify if your breaker is listed on
2. Flickering Lights or Ozone Smell: Older homes built before there were personal hair dryers and microwave ovens usually suffer from light flicker when one of these AMP hungry appliances is switched on. If your house lights flicker when someone turns on a hair dryer. Or, if you smell a burnt wire or ozone, call me.
3. Recent electrical work: Maybe you just had an electrician at your home to install or repair an item in your home. Most electricians are professional and will do a professional job. However, if your cousin Bob just helped you install new lighting or a ceiling fan...Could be that Bob wired the installation wrong. Do yourself a favor, call a licensed electrician. Or, call me, a Master Electrician.
Hopefully, these small tips can help you identify potential faulty electrical wiring in your home.